OPU provides an internal fund called “RESPECT” as the next-step training program of Upskill Support Program (スキルアップ支援プログラム), aiming to foster female leaders in research projects. Please see the information below to apply for the program for the fiscal year of 2021.
- Promote the activities of female researchers to take the leadership in the research field
- Increase the number of female researchers and female senior researchers
2. Eligibility for applicants
Applicants must fulfill the following conditions:
1. Female researchers at OPU, regardless of permanent/fixed-term contract, who are lower than “associate professor” AND the principal investigator of a research team which includes more than one co-investigator.
* In case you are a fixed-term contract faculty member, your contract term must cover the proposed research period.
2. Those who attended more than 2 seminars of Upskill Program, which the Center for Women in Research has held in 2020FY*. For those who has taken a position at OPU in 2021FY, they will be asked to attend more than 2 seminars of Upskill Program in 2021FY.
* Your attendance is counted based on the questionnaire submitted after seminars.
3. Those who can organize a new team that she can show her leadership and who have the passion to conduct a unique and challenging research subject. Also, those who are motivated for a long-range development for the future and self-improvement as a researcher.
* By “Leadership”, this project expects the applicant to conduct the research as the principal figure in organizing the team, research methods, research plan and future prospects of the research.
3. Research period
From the time of approval to March 31, 2023 (within 2 years)
* Extension request up to a year can be made depending on the reasons (i.e. life events such as pregnancy)
4. Amount of fund
2 million yen in maximum(approximately).
* Amount of fund preconditions the approval of the program budget plan for each fiscal year.
* You can use this fund following the OPU rules for administrative restriction.
5. Number of approval
6. Review and Announcement of result
Review board consists of Vice President (Education and Research), persons from Research Promotion Division and the Committee for Female researcher supporting programs.
|First review:||Application Documents|
|Second review:||Online presentation at the screening committee (10 minutes per applicant)|
- The constitution of the research team and how the principal investigator takes the leadership
- Potential of the research (if the research project can expect diversified developments)
- Importance of research (including the constitution of the research team)
* Be mindful to make the importance of research intelligible to other researchers from different field too
Please note that applicants who already have received RESPECT or 女性研究者支援事業 (Female Researcher Support Project) in the past might have difficulties to move forward depending on the number of applications we receive.
The result will be notified directly to the applicants by the end of June. In addition, it will be open on the website of the Center for Women in Research.
7. Assignments after approval and Provided support
Approved applicants have to implement the followings:
- At the end of each fiscal year, submit “Mid-term report” to Center for Women in Research to report the research progress.
- Give a presentation at the completion report meeting on the research achievements.
- At the end of final fiscal year, submit “Research Achievements Report” to report what accomplished on the research.
Adopted applicants are able to request assistance from URA when applying to external fund.
8. Overlapping research theme
We accept application with overlapping research theme to other research funds you already have attained; however, applications with new research theme will be prioritized in review processes.
9. Documents to be submitted, Deadline for submission, Contact
Send the documents via e-mail at the contact below.
|Documents to be submitted||Application Form: 2021FY RESPECT|
|Deadline||April 30, 2021|
|Contact||Mariko TATSUMI and Masako NAKAYAMA from Center for Women in Research
Extension: 5056 (Nakamozu Campus)
【Public explanatory briefing session】
Regarding this Application Call, a public explanatory briefing session will be arranged as stated below. (Japanese only)
|Date||April 8, 2021 (Thursday) 12:10 – (for about 30 minutes)|
To attend the session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD: