OPU provides an internal fund called “RESPECT” as the next-step training program of Upskill Support Program (スキルアップ支援プログラム), aiming to foster female leaders in research projects. Please see the information below to apply for the program for the fiscal year of 2020.
- Promote the activities of female researchers to take the leadership in the research field
- Increase the number of female researchers and female senior researchers
2. Eligibility for applicants
Applicants must fulfill the following conditions:
1. Female researchers at OPU, regardless of permanent/fixed-term contract, who are lower than “associate professor” AND the principal investigator of a research team which includes more than one co-investigator.
* In case you are a fixed-term contract faculty member, your contract term must cover the proposed research period.
2. Those who attended more than 2 seminars of Upskill Program, which the Center for Women in Research has held in 2019FY.* (For those who has taken a position at OPU in 2020FY, they will be asked to attend more than 2 seminars of Upskill Program in 2020FY.)
* Those who were planning to attend a seminar of upskill program in March 2020 can also apply if they will attend the seminar(s) to cover up in fiscal year of 2020.
3. Research period
From the time of approval to March 31, 2022 (within 2 years)
* Extension request can be made depending on the reasons (i.e. life events such as pregnancy)
4. Amount of fund and Number of approval
2 million yen in maximum will be provided to 5 researchers (approximately).
* Amount of fund preconditions the adoption of 2020FY budget plan.
* You can use this fund following the OPU rules for administrative restriction.
5. Review and Announcement of result
Review board consists of Vice President (Education and Research), persons from Research Promotion Division and the Committee for Female researcher supporting programs.
|First review:||Application Documents|
|Second review:||Presentation at the screening committee in May 2020 (Open to campus, 10 minutes per an applicant)|
- The constitution of the research team and how the principal investigator takes the leadership
- Potential of the research (Expectation and motivation for attaining other research funds)
- Importance of research (including the constitution of the research team)
* Be mindful to make the importance of research intelligible to other researchers from different field too
Please note that applicants who already have been adopted to RESPECT or 女性研究者支援事業 (Female Researcher Support Project) in the past might have difficulties to move forward depending on the number of applications we receive.
The result will be notified directly to the applicants by the end of June. In addition, it will be open on the website of the Center for Women in Research.
6. Assignments after approval and Provided support
Approved applicants have to implement the followings:
- At the end of each fiscal year, submit “Mid-term report” to Center for Women in Research to report the research progress.
- Give a presentation at the completion report meeting on the research achievements.
- At the end of final fiscal year, submit “Research Achievements Report” to report what accomplished on the research.
Adopted applicants are able to request assistance from URA when applying to external fund.
7. Overlapping research theme
We accept application with overlapping research theme to other research funds you already have attained; however, applications with new research theme will be prioritized in review processes.
8. Documents to be submitted, Deadline for submission, Contact
Send the documents via e-mail at the contact below.
|Documents to be submitted||Application Form: FY2020 RESPECT|
|Deadline||April 17, 2020|
|Contact||Kanako Nakamura from Center for Women in Research
Extension: 5056 (Nakamozu Campus)
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD: